As seen on JobsInME.com
In 1972, Tom Moser committed his life to craft. His mission was to establish a community that would allow craftsmen to make a living doing the work they loved. Today, in our 80,000 square foot Auburn facility, that community comprises some 60 fine craftsmen and women who are designers and makers of functionally-driven, handmade furniture of the highest quality in both materials and woodworking expertise. Thos. Moser has a rare philosophy and a unique ability to harness creativity and imagination in a way that celebrates the natural beauty of wood. Together as a team, we embrace the values that make Thos. Moser an extraordinary place to work. Thos. Moser also operates six retail showrooms located in Freeport, Maine, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, and San Francisco. www.thosmoser.com
At Thos. Moser, we offer a competitive wage and benefit package. We also offer full-time employees the opportunity to create their own personal projects during our Personal Projects time. This helps employees experience the craft of building fine furniture and the opportunity to make furniture for their own home.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy to support the Thos. Moser brand. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in omni-channel marketing for luxury brands with a proven track record of success.
Telling the Thos. Moser story of creating timeless furniture, useful designs, handcrafted from American hardwoods is key to selling our product. The Marketing Director will play the lead role in directing the creation of new content to support this brand story across the marketing ecosystem, with emphasis on the website, earned and social media and opportunistically in other channels. In general, our designs are carefully considered purchases, so we are seeking someone who can nurture customers along the customer journey, educating them on our unique value proposition and points of difference, and ultimately, turning them into loyal customers and advocates.
This executive must be capable of both high-level, cross-functional leadership and effective, collaborative execution of tactical sales and marketing plans. The Director of Marketing will also be the driving force in our next generation marketing database architecture, CRM to capture customer behavior whether it is in our showrooms, on-line or by phone. Then armed with this data, determine the appropriate media mix using digital, print and events.
- Oversee all aspects of the Thos. Moser brand marketing and creative execution.
- Direct the strategy and tactical plans for lead generation, new customer conversion and retention for both the Residential and Trade customers.
- Direct the company’s digital strategy to support both storytelling and ecommerce, including: retargeting, up-sell/cross-sell.
- Drive the communications strategy across paid, earned and owned channels – working with internal teams and outside agencies to bring plans to life.
- Develop targeting methodologies for all media: catalog circulation, direct mail, email, digital display, etc. and then apply the best practices to our strategy for each customer segment.
- Strong demonstration of marketing analytics and reporting. Ability to communicate marketing and sales results, including cost of acquisition, lifetime value, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Management to guide retail showrooms selling /merchandising strategies and event marketing.
- Work collaboratively with the product design and operations teams to successfully bring new furniture designs to market.
- Ability to create and manage a budget, P&L management would be a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing market research projects.
- Manage, train and mentor the marketing team.
Background and Experience
- Good storyteller or ability to recognize good storytelling. Experience selling a product based upon its elemental qualities, not just price and promotion.
- Experience in leading brand strategy for a high-end product and overseeing superb creative execution across multiple channels (print, on-line and in-store)
- Multi-channel direct marketing background and experience with: ecommerce websites, catalog/direct mail, print advertising, email, PR, and in-store displays, event marketing. Ability to communicate the above in a marketing calendar identifying contact scheme for each key customer segment, e.g. Trade, Residential, etc.
- Track record (10+ years) of running successful marketing campaigns, establishing cross-functional planning process to implement programs on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated strong discipline in direct marketing programs to acquire customers, understand retention and reactivation. Candidate must have a clear understanding of the economics of direct marketing and how to conduct the analysis to support sound decision making.
- Management of customer database with a clear understanding of marketing data requirements, customer contact management and integration of sales and customer touchpoints.
- Collaboration experience with sales, product development, creative and merchandising a must.
- Experience in managing a cross-functional team, with a focus on professional development of staff.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Creative, innovative thinker.
- Ability to challenge status quo based upon judgement, experience and data.
- Strong appreciation for handcrafted quality, commitment to sustainable use of natural materials and the design principles that are the hallmark of the Thos. Moser brand.
- Prior experience marketing a high-end or luxury brand is desirable.
- Strong leadership skills and self-confidence without “ego”; effective collaborator with good balance of hands-on team participation.
- Encouraging; positive and dynamic; with ability to motivate and encourage staff.
- Strong communication skills; ability to cut through detail and clearly express conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience in a family-owned or closely held business is a plus.
- Familiarity with the furniture design communications landscape or experience working with high-end design brands is a plus.
Life, STD/LTD, Medical & Dental Insurances, 401(k) Collaborative work environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
72 Wrights Landing, Auburn, ME 04212-1237